- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 13 mins
- Serves: 16, Yield: 2 cups
About This Recipe
“Warp-Speed because you make it in the microwave – no all-day cooking for this spicy-sweet spread! My kids like to put it on their toast, and pretend they’re having pumpkin pie for breakfast! It does taste like pumpkin pie filling, and makes a wonderful hostess gift. Make sure your recipient puts this right into the refrigerator! NOTE: Don’t try to “home can” this. It’s hard to get the dense-textured pumpkin hot enough in the center to assure it has processed properly, and from what I’ve seen, the USDA recommends against it. Just make a small batch up when you want to give someone a treat! Microwave times are approximate, as ovens vary.”
- Combine everything except the canned pumpkin in a microwaveable one quart bowl.
- Mix well.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes, then stir.
- Mix in the pumpkin well, and microwave on high 5 minutes longer.
- It should be bubbly.
- Put into clean, sterilized jars for gift-giving, or into other clean, airtight containers for home use.
- Let cool slightly, then refrigerate.
- This will keep several weeks in refrigerator or can be frozen for longer storage.
- This cannot be kept in your pantry- must be refrigerated or frozen.
- Friday treats ~ Torta di Zucca a Pumpkin Cake (promenadeplantings.com)
- 3 Perfect Pumpkin Desserts! (education.com)
- Beauty Mark It Results: Perfect Pumpkin Products (bellasugar.com)
- Make Your Own Pumpkin Body Moisturizer (bellasugar.com)
- Slow-Cooker Pumpkin Pie (massageenvy.com)
- Pumpkin Pie Pops (foxnews.com)
- Pumpkin pie! (rainydaywoman1235.wordpress.com)
- Pumpkin butter cider (livindolcevita.wordpress.com)
- Pumpkin Pie Pudding (ssimplyme.com)
- Pumpkin Pie Something (tipsyinthesun.wordpress.com)