- Prep Time: 1 hrs
- Total Time: 1 hrs
- Yield: 6 pints
About This Recipe
“I got this years ago from the lady in our church who canned it. I’ve never made it but I’ve eaten lots of it! It’s the best salsa I have ever had. Especially good with lime tortilla chips or on taco salad.”
- Combine all ingredients except tomato paste in large sauce pot.
- Simmer until desired thickness.
- Stir in tomato paste.
- Ladle hot salsa into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch head-space.
- Process 15 minutes in a hot water bath.
- Note: use more hot peppers for a very hot salsa or less for mild.
- It depends on how hot your peppers are and how hot you like your salsa.
- I never get close to 2 1/2 cups for our mild salsa.
- Chicken Taco Salad (createdinthekitchen.com)
- Mango Salsa (soulfoodliving.com)
- Vegan Virtual Potluck Taco Salad Bowls (vegansparkles.com)
- Taco Salad (veggiesfromthefarm.wordpress.com)
- Healthy Cookie: Loaded Taco Bowl (thesmartcookiecook.com)
- Crock-Pot Chicken Tacos and Spicy Cilantro Salsa (hungrygatorgal.wordpress.com)
- Real Food Taco Salad (arealfoodlover.wordpress.com)
- Easy Vegan Taco Salad (nourish4life.wordpress.com)
- Tacos with a fabulous Guacamole (karinemeals.wordpress.com)
- Homemade Spaghetti Sauce (Homecanning) (msskinnybitch.wordpress.com)