- Prep Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 1 hrs 15 mins
- Serves: 96, Yield: 3 quarts
About This Recipe
“This is the best salsa recipe I’ve found so far and I’ve tried about a dozen. I got it from one of the local hospital cookbooks that are sold in my area. I changed it a bit and have been canning it for years. The reason I plant a garden is for this salsa. We would be lost without it. Hope you like it as much as we do.”
- 8 cups tomatoes, peeled, chopped and drained
- 2 1/2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups green peppers
- 1 cup jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/8 cup canning salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) cans tomato paste
- Mix all together and bring to a slow boil for 10 minute.
- Seal in jars and cook in hot water bath for 10 minute.
- This is a medium salsa. This is also a chunky salsa so if you want a smoother salsa cut your veggies into smaller pieces.
- Yields 3-6 quarts or pints.