- Prep Time: 1 hrs
- Total Time: 3 hrs
- Yield: 16 quarts
About This Recipe
“I haven’t made this in a few years, it makes for good gifts! Total time does not include for soaking beans overnight, but prep time includes a rough guess to prepping all the ingredients. Be sure to measure all ingredients exactly.”
- Notes: 1 medium onion is about a cup; 2 medium stalks celery is about 1 cup; 1 lb pkg carrots is about 4 cups; 5 medium potatoes is about 8 cups.
- Combine all ingredients except bacon and onion in large pot.
- Cook over medium heat until soft.
- Cut bacon into small pieces and fry in skillet.
- Remove bacon and cook onion in bacon grease until soft.
- Add bacon and onion to bean mixture and heat until it simmers.
- Taste for salt and pepper.
- Remove bay leaves before putting in jars.
- Fill hot mixture into sterilized jars, filling to within 1″ of tops of jars.
- Pressure can 1 hour at 10 lbs.
- Navy Bean Soup with Bacon (frugalhausfrau.wordpress.com)
- Green Beans-Canning-Raw Pack (msskinnybitch.wordpress.com)
- Bean, Bacon & Beer Soup (livingunrefined.wordpress.com)
- Comfort Food – Smoked ham & white bean soup with rosemary (3outof3.wordpress.com)
- Crock Pot Chicken and Navy Bean Chili (thedailymollie.wordpress.com)